Tuesday, March 6, 2012

What's My Purpose?

Over the past couple of weeks and several blog posts, I've tried to find a purpose for my blog. Obviously, as the title indicates, it is supposed to be a diary of sorts about my life and my family. However, to be honest, my life is too busy to be interesting. I had hoped to find something about my own experience that others could relate to or benefit from, but there is nothing consistent enough to write about day in and day out. So I thought I'd mention it to my co-workers. I gave them the chance to come up with a subject for my blog and their answers were pretty funny. One suggested I could write about the crazy people that I talk about all the time that put up a fuss when it comes time to pay the bill, or who "had insurance" but money was tight one month and they missed the payment. (Those people are frustrating, but that gets old quick). Another suggested I talk about society's perception of mortician's and their lifestyle as portrayed in movies, compared to the real deal. Ironically, there are a lot of similarities between "movie morticians" and the real thing. They tend to have a very odd senses of humor, wear a lot of black, drive nice black cars, and have a good poker face. NEXT! Suggestion three: inform people on facts about mortuary science and its history. NOT! Suggestion four: tell funeral home jokes and one liners like: what song would a mortician sing if they had to give CPR? "Another one bites the dust". YIKES! OK, I'm no closer to finding a purpose for my blog, but I did get a good laugh from hearing what my co-workers think of being a mortician's wife. Maybe next week I'll interview my children's church class :)

No comments:

Post a Comment