Saturday, August 31, 2013

Starting Over

It has been almost a year and a half since I last posted an entry. So much has changed...

For the last week, I have been redesigning this blog to get ready to start writing again. Every time I go to write though, I get side tracked and have to tweak something, add something, or I'm looking at other blogs for inspiration. I'm not sure what is, but something's been holding me back. Maybe it's the commitment to posting consistently, the worry that I'll be received negatively, or worse...that no one will every read it, and I will continue to operate in my bubble of solitude.
So I'm just going to dive in head first and put it all out there.

So let's start over. When I last posted, I was near the end of my college career. Everything was crazy. While trying to make it through the last summer and then last semester, I was also working full time as a wedding coordinator, beginning my search for a post-college job, and the Mr. and I were looking to buy our first home. It seems I can't do anything one thing at a time, I have to do everything at once :). Since then, so much has happened! I could tell you, but showing you is so much better :)

 A) I graduated!

B) We bought a house!


 



C) We bought a puppy :)

His name is Simba, and he is the sweetest, most annoying thing on this earth! Gotta love that little guy :)

Simba has grown so much! He was 3 months old when we got him, and he is now about 9 months.


D) AND finally! I got a job...woohoo! No more long wedding weekends, never having a day off with the hubs, dealing with emotional brides and their mothers, and of course crazy hours! 

Got to meet the governor while at my new job.

Appreciation gift from the team for a big project I completed. Oh how amazing to be appreciated.

This is us taking a picture while doing a tornado drill in the bathroom :).

There's so much else that has happened of course, but those are the major things. Still no babies for us, lol...but I will get to meet my niece in about a month. My sister-in-law is counting down the days, and so am I!

Now the hard part...to post again. I can and WILL do it! (Before another year and half goes by, I promise.)



No comments:

Post a Comment