Friday, April 27, 2012

Beginning of the End

Today was the last day of the semester before my last semester of college. Obviously, I am feeling very excited and anxious to be so close to graduating. If you don't know, I graduated high school in 2006 and after going to college for 2 years, took 2 years off after I got married. During those 2 years off I went to cosmetology school, worked and did my best to support my husband as he got his degree in mortuary science.

When we moved back to Columbia in August of last year, I knew it was time to get back to the grindstone and finish my own degree. On December 15, 2012 I will graduate with a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration with a Major in Marketing. I am so thrilled. This has been a long time coming for me and I'm ready to grow up and start being and adult now!

There is a downside to the last day of the semester before my last semester of college though. For a lot of my friends at school, it was the last day of their last semester. That means when they graduate in a week and half, there is a very good chance that I will not see most of them again. Of course, we'll stay Facebook friends and years from now we'll be sharing pictures of our children and grandchildren...but we will always look back on these times with fondness and remember how much fun we had.

A lot of those memories will involve recalling the stress of finals, the marketing plan that ended in what we thought was an epic failure, or maybe the time we plotted against our advisors. But with the bad, there is also the good. Being forced to join the dark side and creating a Twitter account by a specific unnamed professor, and eventually becoming addicted to posting about mundane daily occurrences. We will look back on sitting in the back of the classroom talking bad about our other classmates (yea yea, we're cruel). But the thing I will remember most is making new friendships that I hope will last a lifetime.

You can call me sappy, but this last year has been a lot of fun. And though it has been intensely stressful, I'll miss those that I've come to know and cherish.

...don't even think about unfriending me beotches.

No comments:

Post a Comment